Overview of Attributes
Product Attributes are information that you want to collect for any product used on a drawing. These are separate from the automatically collected “Quantity” attribute or any defined pricing information.
There are 2 types of custom attributes
- Predefined – The attribute value is already defined and is collected automatically without any user interaction. An example for this type might be static info like a model number for a piece of equipment.
- The attribute value needs to be collected on site. In this case, users can answer one to many pre-created questions to gather the information. Examples are endless here, but some could be; wattage for light fixture, size for many things, configurations, etc.
These attributes can be exported to an Excel spreadsheet and used post site visit to present a more comprehensive view of the client site.
Define the Attributes to Collect
- Start the Product creation process
- Tap on Add Attribute at bottom of dialog
- Choose to the answer be one that is Predefined or that will be Collected in the field
- If Predefined, enter the value
- If Collected in the field, choose the type of field presented and any necessary pre-filled options.
- Note – You can use the Photo-Image option to take and associate a specific site photo with a specific instance of a product.
Use the Attributes in the App
Once a product has been added to the canvas:
- Ensure it is the actively selected object
- Tap on Attributes icon on the lower left corner of screen
- Fill in Attributes answers
- Tap Save and Close button