The Annotate tool has 3 options: Text, Callout, and Cloud.
There are 2 modes for Text.
Tap on the canvas where you want to start the text and begin typing. The text line will continue to grow with no wrapping
Fixed Width Text :
- Press down at a start point and drag to desired width
- Lift finger
- Newly created text block will now have a fixed width which means it will grow to that length only and will then add rows to match content.
- On canvas, press down where you want the arrow to start
- Continue to press down and drag away
- On canvas, press down where you want the cloud shape to start
- Continue to press down and drag away until desired end point
Depending on whether one of the text options or the cloud is selected, there are a number of defaults visual display settings that can be managed here.
- Background Color – provide a color that will fill the area behind the text itself. Useful to make the text stand out over whatever it is placed on top of
- Automatic Text Height – This option has two (toggle) states
- Toggled on – It will change the text height based on the current zoom level of the canvas.
- Toggled off – You will choose a specific size and regardless of current zoom level, it will always appears at that size
- Alignment – align text left, center or right justified
- Font – tap to choose from all fonts currently installed on the iPad. This will also allow you to choose from any available font weight such as Regular, Bold, Italic, etc. NOTE – if you install another font on the iPad, they will appear in this drop down list.